2024 Pinewood Derby INFO
January 19th 5-8pm
Weigh in is 5-8pm Friday January 19th at the stow community center.
when you arrive, you will take a slip of paper for each vehicle being submitted. Please keep this paper until your car has passed the inspection and been given a number.
- the number in the upper left will be your vehicle's number on race day.
Preparing your Vehicle:
- There will be at least one unofficial scale and rulers to confirm your vehicle will pass inspection.
(I will do my best to calibrate the scales to be as close to the "official" scale as possible)
- A table of graphite bottles will be available to lubricate the axles.
(please assist any children so that graphite does not end up everywhere)
- The Scouts from Troop1 will be assisting the pack to test run cars
You may wait in line to run your car down the track to test for speed, clearance, alignment, etc.
Note: if there is a long wait, and you have already tested your car successfully, we reserve the right to run cars that have yet to be tested.
-Once you are done testing/lubricating, bring your vehicle to the submission table, where the final/official weight will be taken and rules will be assessed.
- If you Pass, give your name slip and you are done.
- if you Fail, you can take your car back, and make adjustments up until 8pm.
Be sure to keep your name slip with you until your car passes inspection.
January 20th 8-1pm
The races begin at about 8am Saturday January 19th at the stow community center.
NOTE: Schedule is tentative, and may change (any changes will be sent to the pack via email, and noted here)
The Races will follow the schedule below (note: we are doing our best to accommodate sports and other activities so that all scouts can watch their cars run.)
Lion: 8:15 - 8:30
Tiger: 8:35 - 8:55
Bear: 9:00 - 9:35
Webelo/AOL: 9:40 - 10:10
Wolf: 10:15 - 10:45
Friends/Family: 10:50 - 11:15
Finals: 12:00 - 12:20
NOTE: dens that race early in the day have the option of taking their car with them if they are not racing in the finals.
IF YOU DO THIS, SCOUTS THAT HAVE LATER TIMES MAY NOT HAVE VOTED, AND YOU MAY LOSE OUT ON DESIGN VOTES.
- Every scout can vote 1 time in each den for their favorite design.
- Paper and Pencils will be available to cast your votes
Join us for Pizza around 11:30 and our awards after the finals.